Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hello Again

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been blogging as frequently.  Everything is fine, I'm not sick or anything.  I had my 6 month check up last week at Duke and I'm right on track.  The doctors are happy with my progress and they gave the okay on drinking wine!  Yippie!!  For those of you who don't know, I love my red wine and I've been missing it!  Funny enough I haven't even bought a bottle of my favorite wine, I'm not sure what my favorite is anymore!  Definitely some sort of blend, I'm looking forward to discovering my new favorite.  

The doctors will see me again next month and then I should be free until my 9 month appointment.  The doctors did warn me that I still have to be very careful with my immune system.  They just had a patient die after months of feeling great.  The patient went back to work early, got sick and died within two weeks.  How's that for a sad and scary story?!  I know they told me just to make the point of how important it is to stay away from germs but geeze, that's pretty rough.

Not much else is going on.  Buster is doing great, we still take walks every day.  Today we went for three miles, that really tires him out.  Even still he's always ready to play given the opportunity.  We got to visit our friends Keith, Beatriz and Keifer when we went up to Duke.  They watched Buster while I visited the doctor.  It was fun to reunite Keifer and Buster, they are both bigger now.  I think they had a fun time, I know Buster did he slept part of the way home.

Well, Buster keeps dropping his toy in my lap so it's time to go play!  I hope you all are happy, healthy and enjoying life.  Much love from 6119.




No comments:

Post a Comment