Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday August 14, 2013

Good news, we have a date for transplant, September 4th!  I will probably check back into the hospital a week before but at least we can get the process started. I just want this all to be over with. I think today we will discuss our options with the doctor on how to get my leukemia in remission which is key to making the transplant work. The funny thing is I have been off all my chemo drugs for a week and my body seems to be holding it's own against the leukemia, that's according to my blood tests.  I'll never under estimate the natural healing process that our bodies provide.

I have a lot of thank you's to make so bear with me.  First, thank you to my awesome Mom who came out to stay with me during my last days in the hospital. She spent every day by my side and brought a lot of comfort. I am so lucky to have her as a Mom and it was so good to have her here.  So thanks Mom, I love you!

Next up, thanks to Catherine Shanahan and her family they sent me a beautiful courage bracelet from Stella & Dot a very cool jewelry company.

A big thank you goes out to The Peterson family; Kirk, Patti, Alex & Eric, they sent an awesome care package filled with relaxation goodies. Basically every thing you would want to feel like I am at the spa. Plus, it came in a beautiful hat box, thank you I love all the goodies.

I also want to thank all those who visit me and help care for me, Eric and I feel so much love and support. Kathy & Chuck Pyjas who help shuttle me around and are always available to help. Dave Vogel who visits almost daily and helps keep Eric sane. Jaidee & Chris Finn who keep me supplied with pillows and goodies.  My sister in law, Linda who is letting us live in her house! Jenn & Tim Seyfang and my wonderful nieces and nephews; Tim, Stephanie, Nathan & Sarah. They have kept me supplied with a beautiful collection of art work to make me smile.

Another thanks goes to Holly Clegg who has written several cook books including a cancer cook book. Holly is the sister in law of my Mom's best friend Pam Hill. The two of them came up with the idea to send me several autographed copies that I can give to the nurses who have taken such good care of me. What a great idea and I am so thankful for their donation of books.

Eric and I could not get through all of this without all of you. When we went through this the first time we had basically no family or friends near by, although I did have several visits from my family to help act as care givers. It makes such a difference for both of us to have so many people rally around us.

There are so many people to thank so if I didn't call you out by name please know your support has kept me going and make me feel so loved.

 I cannot forget to thank my amazing husband Eric, you are my rock and have proven daily how  special our love is. He has had to take on all the responsibilities and never complains all while working. I love you so much and am so proud of our relationship.

I think that is it for now. I'll update you once we know the next course of action.  Thanks for the continued support, much love from Buffalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment