Friday, August 9, 2013

August 9, 2013

Hello friends & family, sorry for the delay. We had trouble with the blog and we have limited Internet. Lucky for us we have a 6 am lab appointment at the hospital, so I have Internet for now. Oh and if you couldn't tell, it's me Jenn writing the blog. I'm feeling up to posting again!

So I was released from the hospital on Monday and I have been loving every second of my freedom. Thanks to my sister in law, Linda, we have our own place where we can stay and keep Buster!  Our family unit is back together again. I've been eating good food enjoying being outside and just enjoying being with Eric.

I go to clinic at the hospital Monday, Wednesday and Friday. They check my blood and give my IV and breathing treatments. They had to take me off the serafanib, which was my chemo pill. It was spiking my liver levels and causing my white blood counts to plummet. The doctors felt it was doing more harm than good. So they are working on a new plan, hopefully we will learn more about it  today. My leukemia seems to be holding and isn't causing me discomfort. Now we need the doctors to figure out how to get me back in remission so we can move forward with the transplant.

I've had quite a few surprises lately. For one my friend Holly flew out from Charlotte just to see me! It was a great surprise, totally unexpected. She even brought me art supplies and stuff to make friendship bracelets, it's been fun revisiting my childhood!  I can't thank you enough for the visit. Next up I want to thank Jen Jones for the chocoholics doctor bag. And more thanks to SYNNEX for an excellent cookie and adorable bear. Lastly, thank you Bob and Linda Williams for my 2013 Panini  football sticker book with stickers!  Another flash back to childhood plus it gets me familiar with the NFL rookies. We have many good memories of visiting you at your shop!

Thanks everyone for your continued support. Much love from the Roswell Park cancer institute!

No comments:

Post a Comment