Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday, August 23, 2013

Good day friends and family, I hope life is treating you well.  I'm feeling the best I have since checking back into the hospital.  I checked back in on Wednesday and started chemo right away.  This time I'm on two different kinds of chemo; Cytarabine and Mitoxantrone. The funny thing is Mitoxantrone makes my urine blue and could even make my skin blue, so I'll be like Smurfette!  In times like these you have to have a sense of humor right?

My chemo will last 6 days and then we wait to take another bone marrow biopsy to ensure my leukemia is in remission.  My bone marrow transplant is scheduled for September 13th, 13 is my favorite number so I'm hoping that will provide me with some luck.  I found out my donor is a female and she is 20 years old, which is great because she should have a stronger immune system.  I'm hopeful this transplant will be the last one.  Although, we have heard of people having up to 4 transplants, but they tend to be older patients.  

I'm in a different wing this time so I don't have my old nurses who I really liked but I'm sure I'll get to know these nurses just as well.  I'll be here for at least two weeks before moving to the transplant floor.  For now I'm blessed with a huge room, with four chairs for visitors.  With our large group of friends and family here this is very nice.  I'm also able to exercise more, they brought me a stepper and taught me the exercise moves that I'll have to do for my physical test required before my transplant.  I'm still walking the halls but also have access to a treadmill.  

In other news, I realized I never thanked the wonderful women of the Pyjas family.  Eric's side of the family is huge and all my cousins and aunts made me the largest get well card ever.  Literally they used a huge poster board filled with fun get well cards and messages from everyone.  It made me feel really blessed.  So thank you to all the Pyjas women who have pulled together and offered so much love and support.  

Well I guess that's it for today, I'll try to get back to daily posts, sometimes I feel like I don't have much to say.  I am feeling really strong and am ready to get into the transplant so I can start the healing process.  Thanks for all your continued love, support and prayers, I'm truly touched and thankful for your support.  Much love from 5 north room 18!  

No comments:

Post a Comment