Monday, October 22, 2012

Life is Good

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  We had a great weekend, it was Eric's 36th birthday!  For once, thanks to help from my Dad, I was able to get Eric a kick ass birthday present.  We got him an autographed Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills Riddell Helmet.  Eric has been drooling over the helmet for four years, it's been in our friends store, AAA Collectibles.  So finally I was able to get it for him.  Eric was super surprised and happy which made me feel good.  The funny thing is we woke up at like 5:00 am on his birthday so he opened his present then.  What a great way to start the day.  The night before we ended up going to sleep before 10:00!  We had a slumber party with Buster in our guest room, it was so nice to sleep with my two favorite men.

On top of the great present I fed Eric well to for his birthday weekend.  On Saturday I made a great Shepherd's pie and on Sunday I made him Gwumpki (stuffed cabbage rolls).  I even baked some banana bread, which is always a favorite.  I'm starting to feel pretty good about my cooking skills.  This week we are going to tackle fish, we've been eating to much beef it's time to mix it up.  We'll see how I do, hopefully I can come up with some tasty meals.

In other news, my year anniversary of being diagnosed with Leukemia completely flew by.  I thought for sure I would do something to kind of celebrate or something but I completely missed the anniversary!  Funny huh?  What a difference a year can make.  Last year at this time I was just finishing my first week of chemotherapy.  Now, I'm healthy and back to normal.  It's crazy to think I fought off the cancer and then had a bone marrow transplant all in a span of six months.  I am so thankful to be through all of that and be where I am today.

Well that's it for today, I hope you all have a great Monday.  In closing thanks Dad for your help, I am now the greatest wife of the year!  And another thank you to Kathy and Chuck Pyjas for raising such a wonderful man.  :)  Much love and peace from 6119.


No comments:

Post a Comment